____________________________________________________________________________________________________ e – Voice Of Human Rights Watch – e-news weekly Spreading the light of humanity & freedom ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ Editor : Nagaraj.M.R.........................vol.2…issue.44.....................13/01/2007 ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Editorial : MEGA FRAUD BY GOVERNMENT OF
- An appeal to Honourable Supreme Court of India
India has become an IT power , taken giant strides in the field of science & technology. More & more MNCs are investing in
The banks insist on matching collateral security even for self employment / educational loans by poor for an amount of Rs.5000. if the loans are not paid in time , rowdies / recovery agents are sent by banks to collect the amount by muscle power. As a final step , banks auction-off properties of collateral security to recover it’s dues. Even, the tax authorities mercilessly extract tax dues to the last penny from the middle class.
The same banks, overestimate the project cost of corporates , overestimate the project feasibility & it’s worth and coolly extend hundreds of crores of rupees loans without matching collateral security. The banks extend overdraft facilities without matching collateral securities , to these corporates. When loans are not repaid, no rowdies are sent by banks. The promoters , directors of such tainted corporates drain – off the companies resources cunningly through insider trading , finally making the company sick. Such companies don’t pay taxes , electricity bills , water bills , etc properly to respective authorities. The authorities are deaf , dumb & blind to all these actions of such corporates. At the end , banks write-off such loans as non performing assets (NPA) & file case before courts for recovery of dues. Even if the properties of collateral security are auctioned-off dues cann’t be fully realized. Finally public money is swindled . ALL THIS IS POSSIBLE DUE TO THE CONNIVANCE OF KEY BANK OFFICIALS , TAX OFFICIALS WITH CRIMINAL CORPORATES SINCE THE INCEPTION OF SUCH COMPANIES . THIS ALSO POSES UNFAIR COMPETITION TO HONEST CORPORATES. How to stop this ? by making corporate accountability ,accountability of bank , tax officials more stringent with penal provisions . afterall , they are playing with public money not their papa’s property.
Already , by the connivance of public servants , bank , tax officials we have witnessed many scams like harshad Mehta , ketan parekh , hawala , etc and more than Rs. 2000000 crore NPAs are on the books of the banks. Now, the government of
HRW has extended it’s services to GOI months back itself , to apprehend tax thieves , till date there is no reply from GOI , why ?
Hereby , HRW requests the Honourable Supreme Court of
- to make necessary amendments to companies act , to make the promoters , directors of the corporates personally accountable for all their actions.
- to constitute committees consisting of public persons with powers to scrutinize & verify all the actions of corporates for insider trading like – selling products , materials , shares to their sister concerns at discounted prices or buying products , materials , shares from their sister concerns at inflated prices or lending loans at discount rates to their sister concerns or taking loans from their sister concerns at high rate of interest or loaning materials , machines to their sister concerns , etc.
- to constitute committees consisting of public persons , to scrutinize & verify the annual personal tax returns filed by key bank officials & tax officials , who have amassed riches & leading luxurious life styles much beyond the scope of their legal known sources of income.
- to recover all tax dues , loan dues , etc from the corporates from the personal properties , wealth of promoters , directors of such companies.
- to put behind bar the key bank officials who have helped the corporates in swindling public money by overestimating project viability , worth and by overlooking the insider trading of promoters and still extending loans to them.
- to put behind bars tax officials who have helped such corporates in swindling public money.
- to take all the necessary help from public like as services extended by HRW in apprehending tax thieves.
- to recover & protect public money at any cost.
- to confiscate all money , properties possessed by directors of such criminal corporates & properties of corrupt bank , tax officials , public servants.
JAI HIND. VANDE MATARAM.
ARE YOU SINCERELY READY TO CATCH TAX THEIVES ?
- AN APPEL TO
SCANDALS OF MOBILE PHONES & IT'S CURRENCY SALES IN
1. what are the total number of subscribers of each mobile phone service provider both CDMA & GSM yearwise since 1998 till date ?
2. what are the total number of handsets sold since 1998 till date yearwise ? give split figures for CDMA & GSM handsets ?
3. What is the total value of currencies sold by each mobile phone service provider yearwise since 1998 till date ? give split figures for each company?
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION AS PER PROVISIONS OF RTI ACT
- An appeal to tax authorities ABOUT MOBILE PHONE SCANDALS
RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LIMITED
QUESTIONS FOR MONEY – PARLIAMENTARY ACTS/LEGISLATIONS FOR ????
-improper functioning of democracy in
Just see how the GOI gave export incentive of Rs.1800 crore to reliance petroleum although it didn't even export a barrel. Reliance infocom & tata teleservices were CDMA mobile service providers & have paid license fee of few crores only equal to landline fees without any competitive bidding . They were supposed to provide mobile service to operate like fixed phones within a radius of 40k.m. however they were providing service like mobile service from one state to another like GSM mobile service providers. By this act of RIC & TTSL , the GSM providers who have paid thousands of license fee in competitive bidding were economically hurt , the dispute went to court. The court was on the verge of pronouncing it's verdict awarding damages worth Rs.18000 crore to GSM players & Rs. 3000 crore of license fees with penalty to GOI. The government announced a unified telecom license regime with retrospective effect. Thereby, the GOI lost thousands of crores of rupees & the share holders of GSM players lost thousands of crores. Onceagain the RIC was charged by PSU bsnl THAT RELIANCE IS RE-ROUTING INTERNATIONAL CALLS AS LOCAL CALLS & SWINDLING THE GOI. This time too, GOI bailed it out. during the dispute between ambani brothers the younger ambani mr. Anil ambani director of reliance himself has stated that for the favours received from the GOI , the company gifted some shares to then IT & COMMUNICATIONS MINISTER mr. Pramod mahajan.
Various indian & multinational companies are looting indian exchequer to the tune of thousands of crores of rupees , through lobbying / bribing.
Now consider the following example :
Mr.raj gandhi is a member of parliament from mandya constituency in karnataka state. He is a MBA graduate & member of ruling indian progressive party. The multinational giant M/S GREY HOUND CORPORATION wants to enter into paper manufacturing business in
The " strategic dis investment issue " comes before the parliament for legislation / approval. The ruling party issues a party whip to it's members to vote in favour of dis investment. However M.P mr.raj gandhi who is an MBA in his own wisdom also favours the dis investment. However ,most importantly the constituents – people in mandya parliamentary constituency through protest marches , mass post card campaigns lakhs in numbers expresses their disagreement with the dis investment & urges their MP mr.gandhi to vote against the disinvestment legislation.
On the D-day in parliament , mr. Raj gandhi as per his party whip & his own wisdom votes in favour of strategic disinvestment legislation, much against the wishes of his people , constituents & mis represents them in parliament. the democracy has failed here. in This way democracy is being derailed since 58 years in
In democracy, party whip , MP or MLA's own wisdom / brilliance, think tank & IAS lobby recommendations are all secondary , the constituent's of his constituency , people's wishes aspirations are of primary importance & supreme. What people need is a honest representative, who simply delivers the people's aspirations on the floor of the house back & forth , without superimposing it with his own ideas & party ideas. For true democracy , the people's representatives must be true postmans.
Towards this end , the people must be educated about their democratic rights & responsibilities. This is an appeal to the honest few in the parliament & state legislatures to weed out their corrupt colleagues , lobbyists, to uphold the dignity of the house & to install democracy in it's true form.
- An appeal to honourable prime minister of
the number of common people dying due to starvation , lack of health care is more than in a war field. The threat to unity & integrity of
till date no action has been taken. Why ? hereby , HRW once again offers it's conditional services to the government of
- CORPORATE ACCOUNTABILITY & CORPORATE GOVERNANCE NEED OF THE HOUR
ITC Scam - Corporate Crimes and the Indian Big Bourgeoisie
Edited , printed , published owned by NAGARAJ.M.R. @ # LIG-2 / 761,HUDCO FIRST STAGE , OPP WATER WORKS , LAXMIKANTANAGAR , HEBBAL , MYSORE – 570017 INDIA………cell : 9341820313 home page : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/naghrw , http://groups.google.co.in/group/hrwepaper/ http://indiapolicelaw.blogspot.com/ , http://hrwpaper.blogspot.com/, http://e-voiceofhumanrightswatch.blogspot.com/ contact : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
A member of AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL